Thanks for a great summer!
Information about next summer will be available in April.
2) Add your family members to your account (do not create new accounts for each member; just add them from your profile).
3) While you are logged in, you can register/pay for camp (and other programs as they open).
CLICK HERE FOR A REGISTRATION WALK-THROUGH
Here is a video of how to register: How to Register with eTrak
Here is a video with an overview of the changes: Camp Changes for this Summer
Camp will be $80 a week, regardless of days attended, but will include at least one field trip (or reverse field trip, where people from our community bring us a program) per week. Siblings will be half price. The first week of camp will be prorated, since it is only 3 days. There is a payment plan available, but a non-refundable $10/week deposit for each family is required to save your spot.
|First Camper||Additional Siblings|
|All other weeks||$80||$40|
Please read the letter, then sign & return the last page before attending!
The Summer Day Camp will start on June 10, 2020, the Wednesday after the last day of the regular Polk County School year. This summer, it will operate from 9:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday, with FREE before and aftercare available from 7:30 am - 5:30 pm. We provide a fun-filled, active, and educational experience for children ages 4 - 14. Children must be 4 before the beginning of day camp and must have been in a preschool/school setting prior to attendance.
Camp will be held at Stearns Gym for children ages 4-8 and at Polk County Middle School for children ages 9-14. Campers will be in small groups with counselors for the entire week. If you have children in both age groups, you will drop off your children at Stearns and we will shuttle them to the middle school.
Every Monday, children will have a water play day until the pool is opened, at which point we will have Monday pool days.
WE WILL BE CLOSED JULY 6-10 FOR FACILITY CLEANING AND STAFF VACATION. PLEASE MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOUR CHILD'S CARE THAT WEEK.
1) Payments are due the Friday before each week. Delinquency will not be tolerated and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
2) Each week’s activities, crafts, and field trip will be themed. The weekly themes are on the calendar below.
3) There will be “clubs” for the campers to sign up for that meet throughout the summer. We will try to let everyone have their first choice. Here are some sample clubs:
Creative Crew Club: Campers will design and create murals, mosaics, and other long-term art around Stearns Gym.
Garden Guardians Club: Campers will travel to area elementary schools to maintain vegetable gardens. They will harvest any vegetables/fruit and learn how to prepare and eat them.
Junior Adventurers Club: Campers will travel to area trails and complete all of the hikes in the Pardee and Conserving Carolina White Squirrel Challenge.
STEM Explorers Club: Campers will use hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math activities to learn about the world around them.
Junior Chef Club: Campers will cook (and eat) dishes they prepare with counselors' help.
4) We will have a computer kiosk with electronic check-in in the lobby each morning until 9:15 am, after which time you must come up to the office to sign your child in. The kiosk will be available for electronic check out at 4:30 pm. If you need to pick up your camper earlier than 4:30, please come up to the office to check them out.Sample Daily Schedule:
7:30-9:00 Free Time/Campers Arrive
9:00-9:15 Opening Ceremony
9:15 Morning Snack
9:30-11:00 Group Games
12:00-3:00 Swim Time
3:00 Afternoon Snack
4:30-4:45 Closing Ceremony
4:30-5:30 Campers Depart/Aftercare free time
Frequently Asked Questions...
Do I need to pay before Day Camp starts?
Yes, payments are due the Friday before each week of Day Camp. There is also a one time application fee of $20 that must be received in advance. You can pay online, over the phone, or in person at Stearns Gym. NEW: There is an optional payment plan, so you do not need to pay the full amount to reserve your spot for each week, but there is a $10 deposit/family/week reserved due at the time of sign-ups. The remaining $70 is due the Friday before each week of camp.
Can the cousins from Georgia go to day camp when they visit us?
Yes! As long they have registered for the camp and have paid, any child is welcome.
Is there an extra fee for special trips?
Field trip fees are included in the weekly fee.
What do I need to bring with my child to camp?
1) A Rubbermaid-type box with your child's name to hold swim gear and crafts made throughout the day.
2) A refillable, labeled water bottle. Snacks and lunches are being provided this year.
3) Sunscreen is required for the pool, and bug spray can come in handy, as well. If your child is younger, please include an extra set of clothes in case of accidents.
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING. ALL BELONGINGS ARE TO BE TAKEN HOME EACH FRIDAY.
How do I sign up for the field trips?
You will not need to sign up for field trips this year; trips are included. If there is a waiver to sign, it will be on a clipboard at the check-in station.
Can I drop off or pick up my child anytime?
Yes, but please let us know if you plan to drop off at times other than between 7:30 and 9:15 am and/or pick up before 4:30 pm, as we may be at the pool or otherwise away from Stearns. If you need to drop them off late or pick them up early you MUST go up to the office to check them in/out.
It is in downtown Columbus, behind the old Stearns School on N. Peak St. Here is a map...
Where is Gibson Park Pool?
It is in Columbus on Park St. Here is a map...
Archived Field Trips