Polk County Social Services Board Mission Statement
To support the Director and staff to accomplish the following:
(1) Children, families and adults will become economically secure;
(2) Aged and disabled adults will live in safe, healthy, stable environments and in the most appropriate environments;
(3) Children and families will live in safe, healthy and stable environments and in the most appropriate environments;
(4) Children in custodial care will have safety, permanence and well-being;
(5) Resources will be maximized to achieve results while maintaining fiscal accountability;
(6) Collaboration with community organizations and agencies including the faith community, Thermal Belt Outreach Ministries, Mental / Public Health agencies, Polk County Schools, Law Enforcement and Emergency Management Services, Steps to Hope, Juvenile Crime Prevention Council and any other Polk County Local Government entity, or relevant community service.
Patricia Adcock, Chair
DSS Board meetings are held on the fourth Monday of each month at 3:00 p.m. in the small conference room at DSS with the exception of May and June 2015. The May meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 2 p.m. and the June meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 22, 2015 at 1 p.m. in the small conference room.